Diagnostic Doctor are pleased to announce that we are now an official dealer of Canems Engine Management Solutions. We can supply and fit the ECU/EMS and dyno it to get the best out of it for your vehicle.
What is Canems?
Canems programmable engine management units are designed with three targets in mind; performance, reliability and ease of use. Over the past few years they have built an enviable reputation for achieving these aims, along with after sales support and guidance which is invaluable with systems of this kind.
With the Canems ECU fitted to your car, you can specify fuel quantities and ignition timing throughout the speed and load range of your engine. Sophisticated control software allows a host of other desirable features such as rev limiting, closed loop idle control, closed loop lambda control (with wideband AFR logging capabilities) and 3D boost control. Canems ECUs are available to suit all four, six and eight cylinder engines, irrespective of age. Their systems have controlled vehicles from 1950’s classics to modern race and rally machines.
PC tuning software is hugely important with programmable management systems, and their software is amongst the most intuitive on the market. Their control software is rapidly finding favour amongst leading rolling road tuners due to ease of use and functionality. Unlike other systems, their ECUs are always supplied with all the software and connections you’ll need to monitor and modify the parameters of your engine.
What features does the ECU/EMS have?
We currently offer two ECU solutions. The ignition-only ECU provides programmable wasted spark ignition at low cost for all four cylinder engines. This makes it ideal for XE or Zetec engines. Our injection ECU will run any four, six or eight cylinder engine with semi-sequential injection and mappable ignition timing.
Injection ECU Features
- Fuel injection control for up to 8 cylinders
- Wasted spark ignition for up to 8 cylinders
- Distributor ignition for up to 8 cylinders
- Built-in coil ignitors (no need for external ignition amplifiers)
- Two 3D ignition timing maps with 252 programmable sites
- Two 3D fuel injection maps with 252 programmable sites
- Fuel / spark map switching at run time
- 12000+ RPM capability
- User programmable fuel cut, plus hard and soft rev limiting
- All settings real-time programmable
- Semi-sequential injection control (four cylinders)
- 3D injection advance map with 252 sites
- Tested and developed with siamese-port multi point injection
- Support for one, two or three Bar MAP sensors
- MAP or TPS based load sensors
- Programmable speed and load sites
- Programmable transient enrichments & RPM correction
- Staged injector control
- Built-in main relay control
- Adjustable coil dwell control
- Voltage sensing with programmable dwell correction / injector opening time map
- Coolant temperature input with programmable correction map
- Air temperature input with programmable correction map
- Programmable cranking characteristics with temperature correction
- Two lambda sensor inputs for narrow band or wideband control
- Closed loop lambda control – programmable feedback rates / authority / enabling conditions
- Adjustable target air fuel ratio with wideband lambda feedback
- 3D target air fuel ratio map with 252 sites
- Closed loop idle control with programmable feedback rates / authority / enabling conditions
- PWM valve and / or spark scatter idle control
- Programmable fuel compensation map for idle valve
- Temperature controlled outputs with programmable on / off temperatures
- Programmable RPM-based output (VTEC etc.)
- 3D PWM output with 252 programmable sites (turbo boost control etc.)
- Interpolation on all maps
- Inbuilt diagnostics LED
- Diagnostic recording of min / max inputs and outputs
- Data logging of up to 24 optional parameters
- Adjustable recording rate for data logger
- RPM input from either VR or Hall effect sensors with 36-1, 60-2 or Renix toothed wheels
- Tuning software, PC connection cable and loom plug/pins included
Do I have to have a dyno session?
No, the ECU/EMS will come preloaded with a base file which should allow the engine to run. A dyno session is recommended as you risk damaging the engine if you are not conversant with engine tuning.